netstat doesn't behave as it does on Linux. Here's how to show or list open ports on OS X:
$ sudo lsof -i -P | grep -i listen
I've set this up as an alias in my .profile (or .bashrc, depending on which shell you use) file as follows:
alias ports='sudo lsof -i -P | grep -i listen'
- Related Posts
- Perl Command Line Replace
- Excluding Backblaze From Spotlight
- Bartender - A Short Review
- About Gatekeeper
- Mountain Lion - Most Skippable OS X Upgrade Ever?
- OS X Lion - Flush DNS Cache
- So Long, MacJournal
- OS X/iOS Journaling Applications
- Preparing a Mac for Perl's Net::Growl
- Leopard First Impressions
- Too Many Applications
- Open With Duplicates
- Smart Mailboxes
- The Infernal Modification
- MOAB - Is It Safe To Come Out Yet?
- Dvorak Has Irrational Fears
- Trackpad for Idiots, Part 1
- Gimp X11
- Textmate 2.0 to Require Leopard