October is finally here and the MLB is down to eight teams. Here are the line-ups and my mostly worthless predictions.
Colorado at Philadelphia - While it’d be easy to write-off Colorado by saying “they’re only here because of a bad call from the ump in their one-off against San Diego,” that’d be a mistake. Colorado is a good team. But they’re not good enough to take the Phillies.
Los Angeles Angels at Boston - I like the Angels and, other than their glaring lack of a sense of humor, I enjoy watching Boston play. Admittedly, I haven’t kept too close of an eye on the Angels this year, but as a Yankee fan, I’ve watched Boston like a hawk. Based on this highly scientific methodology, I expect Boston to take this series.
Chicago Cubs at Arizona - The Diamondbacks are deadly but struggling with a few injuries. Chicago is fighting to keep it together and is under a spotlight of tremendous expectations from their fans. I think Chicago will come through and take the series.
New York Yankees at Cleveland - Naturally, this is the one I’m most interested in, and I really believe it’s likely to be the more interesting of the four series. Both teams are fairly healthy. Cleveland is unpredictable and has a very strong never-say-die ethic. The Yanks make the miraculous seem commonplace. I’m pulling for the Yanks, but the Indians scare me.
And there you have it: my worthless and meaningless predictions for Round One.
- Related Posts
- October 2007 Adjusted Predictions
- October 2007 Update 2
- October 2007 Update 3
- Congratulations To The Rockies
- Mike Coolbaugh
- Yankees Take Sox
- Yankees Lackluster
- Yankees Pull Even
- Yankee Skank
- Bears Not Tied For Last Anymore
- What Me Worry
- Rethinking Grossman
- Chicago Is The Last Man Standing
- Harris vs. The 49ers, Hell No
- Pettitte Comes Out of Retirement, Joins Yankees
- Yankees Great Jorge Posada Retires After 17 Seasons
- 2009 World Series Prediction
- 2009 Postseason Predictions Review Update
- 2009 Postseason Predictions Updated
- October 2007 The End
- Colorado, Meet Boston, I Believe You've Met Before
- October 2007, The Final Stretch
- It Ain't Over 'Til
- 1913 World Series