I’ve run into a situation where my Open With … command is filled with several duplicates. TextMate, for example, will appear in the list around 15 times. As will several other programs. Some only appear once, others appear multiple times. After confirming that I didn’t have multiple installations of the same program, I hit Google and – after several hit-and-miss attempts – found a solution that works. The following command should clear everything up for you.
sudo /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -kill -r -f -dump -domain local -domain system -domain user
Unfortunately, I didn’t bookmark or make note of the person who posted this solution. So, whoever you are, thanks!
- Related Posts
- Excluding Backblaze From Spotlight
- Bartender - A Short Review
- About Gatekeeper
- Mountain Lion - Most Skippable OS X Upgrade Ever?
- OS X Lion - Flush DNS Cache
- So Long, MacJournal
- OS X/iOS Journaling Applications
- Preparing a Mac for Perl's Net::Growl
- How To Show Open Ports on OS X
- Leopard First Impressions
- Too Many Applications
- Smart Mailboxes
- The Infernal Modification
- MOAB - Is It Safe To Come Out Yet?
- Dvorak Has Irrational Fears
- Trackpad for Idiots, Part 1
- Gimp X11
- Textmate 2.0 to Require Leopard