I am continually forgetting to start X11 before trying to start GIMP. This continually results in a 10 second delay followed by the dreaded Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0.0 error. So, right or wrong, I created the following shell script:
/Applications/Utilities/X11.app/Contents/MacOS/X11 & /sw/bin/gimp-1.2
While this successfully gets GIMP started, it produces the following error:
So far, it hasn’t been a show-stopper though.
- Related Posts
- Excluding Backblaze From Spotlight
- Bartender - A Short Review
- About Gatekeeper
- Mountain Lion - Most Skippable OS X Upgrade Ever?
- OS X Lion - Flush DNS Cache
- So Long, MacJournal
- OS X/iOS Journaling Applications
- Preparing a Mac for Perl's Net::Growl
- How To Show Open Ports on OS X
- Leopard First Impressions
- Too Many Applications
- Open With Duplicates
- Smart Mailboxes
- The Infernal Modification
- MOAB - Is It Safe To Come Out Yet?
- Dvorak Has Irrational Fears
- Trackpad for Idiots, Part 1
- Textmate 2.0 to Require Leopard